[3830] NA Sprint CW W1WEF HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 10 13:17:52 EDT 2017

NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: W1WEF
Operator(s): W1WEF
Station: W1WEF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ct

---------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Thought we were going to have great condx...K=1, SFI 94 (I think that was it),
West coast booming signals at the start on 20. Turned out the ONLY booming
signals were from Ca.  Signals from anywhere else were way down from great! I
never went to 40 so early or with so few Qs on 20.

At the very start, I had two guys tell me my computer clock was off. I waited
as someone gave me a countdown on the time.

It has been years since I had a computer program I could use in the Sprint that
worked right for me. I had no problems with NA or CT, but can never seem to get
it right setting up MM no matter how much I simulate before the contest! An
example of setup for SO2R doesnt work for me doing SO1R.  Unless you have
seriously operated the Sprint, you havent run into the setup problems I have!
I have no problem configuring any other contest with MM!

It was really tough to stick with it this time for 4 hours. I had very few
couplets. I often had to CQ 6 times or more to get an answer. Despite all the
hardships, it still was a thrill to work a new mult like K1VSJ in RI the last
hour on 80, or VE5SDH when I revisited 40 late in the contest. Next time it
will be more fun if I can get the setup right!!!   JACK W1WEF