[3830] WAE SSB W4NC M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 10 20:27:58 EDT 2017

WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4NC
Operator(s): KM4SII KM4VCO
Station: W4NC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NC

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   37    27    21
   20:  213   214    30
   15:    0     0     0
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  250   241    51  Total Score = 60,393

Both operators were youth ops: Myself (14 years old) and Caroline, KM4VCO (12
years old).

This was not a serious effort, just a few hours in the afternoon/evening.

Conditions were very bad because of the solar flares. We had a total radio
blackout for several hours on Sunday, but conditions came back later in day. No
stations were worked on 80,15, and 10m. 20m was the money band and 40m was very
poor for the whole contest except for the last two hours or so...

We all had a ton of fun despite the very rough conditions! Thanks to the
Forsyth Amateur Radio Club for the use of their very nice club station. And
thanks to all of the European stations for the QTCs!

73 de KM4SII - Mason