[3830] WAE SSB KB1RI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 10 23:20:05 EDT 2017

WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB1RI
Operator(s): KB1RI
Station: KB1RI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cary, NC

   80:
   40:  10     9     18
   20:   5     0      6
-------------------------
Total:  15     9     24  Total Score = 576

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Intended to spend more time.  But, I got invited to NC State football game on
Saturday.  Given band conditions and the solar flare I opted for the football
game.  Got on the air for the last 2 hours of the contest with a brief dinner
interruption to keep the XYL happy.  Had to work through a microphone switching
problem with my new SO2R controller even though I was just operating SO1R. 20m
was fading and 40m just started to pick up with not very many European signals
hitting my meager wire antennas as time ran out.