[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N1PRW Single Op Port QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 11 11:48:45 EDT 2017

ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: N1PRW
Operator(s): N1PRW
Station: N1PRW

Class: Single Op Port QRP
QTH: EMA

    6:  13      5
    2:  10      5
  222:
  432:   9      4
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  32     14  Total Score = 574

Portable QRP operation on Saturday and Sunday from Holt Hill in Andover, Mass.
Elevation 420'.

Saturday weather: Partly cloudy w/ a brief light shower, 74F
Sunday weather: Mostly sunny, 73F

Station Equipment:
- Yaesu FT-817ND @ 5 Watts
- 1/2 wavelength 6m aluminum dipole, homemade
- Elk 2M/440L5 portable log periodic antenna

Great weather both days for hiking and spending the afternoon outside. However,
no band enhancements.

Equipment operated well and as designed. A single 12V 9Ah sealed gel battery
continues to provide power all afternoon.

QSOs with locals and contest expeditions in neighboring grids. Most contacts
worked three bands (50/144/432). Interesting to me that most were worked by
establishing initial contact on 144 then working 50 & 432. 144 appears to
be my strongest band due to antenna choices.

Station photos here: http://shawsheen.com/2017/arrlsepvhf/

73 Alexander N1PRW