[3830] ARRL Sep VHF WA7JTM Single Op Port QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 11 16:26:38 EDT 2017

ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: WA7JTM
Operator(s): PETE
Station: WA7JTM

Class: Single Op Port QRP
QTH: AZ

    6:  16      4
    2:  20      6
  222:   4      2
  432:  16      6
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  56     18  Total Score = 1,404

I operated QRP portable for this contest from a Summits On The Air (SOTA) peak,
W7A/MN-119, located in Grid Square DM33. I operated for just under three hours
from this hilltop location in the Sonoran Desert. Let's just say it was a
"HOT" location.

I was running an FT-817 (<5 watts battery powered) to a dipole on a 13 foot
crappie pole for 6M. On the other bands: I ran a 4 ele yagi on 2m, a 2 element
yagi on 223, a 5 element Quagi on 432, all mounted on an eight foot mast.

Conditions were typical, with no DX on 6M. Best 50 MHz DX on my dipole was
DM24(143 miles). Best 144/432 MHz DX was 125 miles.

Anyhow, lots of fun as usual. Thanks to all who turned on their radios for this
one.

73

Pete/7
WA7JTM