[3830] CWopsT N5ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 13 10:25:40 EDT 2017

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Sep 13

Call: N5ZO
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 1
Remote Operation

Total:  126  Mults = 92  Total Score = 11,592

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was testing remote with recently acquired K3/Mini and Remoterig system, SO1R
only.  1st time trying remote in contest from anywhere.  Was operating from
kitchen over house WiFi.  Things were going quite OK until wife woke up and
started streaming on her iPad.  10 mins to go I finally went to ask her if she
could stop for 10 mins.  She agreed.  Had bit of delays and audio pops but
there could be some things to optimize in the Remoterig configurations.  Other
than that it was pretty authentic, nearly like being at front of real radio.
Many of the goofings were due to unfamiliar computer keypad I was using at
control station and switching antennas couple times by virtual buttons on 2nd
screen that was screenshared from station to control all accessories, rotors,
amplifier etc.  Mousing anything on that 2nd screen got your focus bit off the
radio and logging program.  Also, it was bit strange to operate without visual
information of P3 panadapter that I have gotten so used to.  All in all, it was
pretty good.  I only had one unpatient guy at the start telling me I was lid !
I will likely do another remote session from kitchen for 19 z and Larry N6NC
will likely do 03 z session across the town to test how it works from there.
If you got any comments how it sounded at your end and if there were any
strange things going on with keying etc, please email me.  Tnx for putting up
with it and tnx for QSOs de Marko