[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N0LD/R Unlimited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Sep 16 19:41:18 EDT 2017

ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: N0LD/R
Operator(s): N0LD KB0YHT W0HGJ
Station: N0LD/R

Class: Unlimited Rover LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23:25

    6:   23     9
    2:   48    13
  222:   26     8
  432:   26     9
  903:
  1.2:   14     4
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  137    56  Total Score = 12,152

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

We activated some new territory west and south of Des Moines, IA and down into
the rare EM39 grid in Northern Missouri - then over through KC, Lawrence, and
Topeka.  We overnighted with WQ0P in EM19... the next morning we travelled down
through EM18 and EM17 to the El Dorado KS area - and then over to Coffeyville in
EM27... down to EM26, EM16, and EM25... but ran out of time and couldn't get
into OKC before the end of the contest.  We made a few digital contacts using
FT8, many CW contacts (new to us for rovering), and just flat had a great time
keeping busy with multiple laptops, radios, and good conversation!  Highlights
were making contact with K2DRH and WQ0P in MULTIPLE grids... K2DRH in EN41 and
our rover team made 2m and 1.25m contacts 432 miles distant in EM26!  WQ0P
worked us in every single grid square we operated!

Randy (N0LD), Nick (KB0YHT), and Harvey (W0HGJ)