[3830] NA Sprint RTTY HH2AA(K6UFO) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 17 00:24:36 EDT 2017

NA Sprint RTTY Contest - September

Call: HH2AA
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: HH2AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DX
Operating Time (hrs): 3
Remote Operation

---------------------
Total:  71     Mults = 23  Total Score = 1,633

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Oh my, that was tough. First I got home late and it took a long time
to get connected and the remote station working. FSK wasn't working,
(Hurricane damage?) so I scrambled to get AFSK working, not so easy
when 3,400 mile away. I finally got AFSK working, but I had to operate
without any monitor feedback, so I don't know how bad my audio was.
Made my first QSO at 0023Z. I thought the worst was over...
Internet into the Caribbean was slow and unreliable. Well, first it
was slow, then at 0056z it dropped entirely (sorry K6LRN). I checked
every few minutes, and got back on at 0150Z and reconfigured it all
again. Then I slow-marched along for the rest of the contest, feeling
like I had missed the exciting first half! Signals were much weaker
than I recalled from March, and the noise level was very high on all
bands. I gradually built up the numbers, and was relieved to make the
number 70 before the end. Thanks for your patience as I came back slow
and out-of-sync many times due to the delays. Its hard work being DX!

HH2AA (K6UFO)

Off-center-fed dipole
Elecraft K3, 100W
K3/0-Mini control head and RemoteRig via RemoteHamRadio.com
Writelog, MMTTY and 2Tone