[3830] SAC CW LA4C(LA8OM) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 18 07:09:44 EDT 2017

Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: LA4C
Operator(s): LA8OM
Station: LA4C

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

Total: 1246   130  Total Score = 342,030

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

This year SAC CW was operated from the LA4C club house at the sea front (nice
location), and thereby avoiding some of the logistics and mobilisation effort
of last year's SAC, when I brought and mounted absolutely everything (mobile
tower, antennas, cables, radios, PAs, controllers, power supplies) for SO2R
operation from a loft next to a lighthouse.

Band conditions have been commented upon, and at times it was an exercise of
patience to keep it going. Guess some multipliers (and Qs) were missed due to
lack of 2nd radio (wrote off the IC-7700 due to constant S9 noise level, only
to discover after the contest that the RF gain knob of this, to me, unfamiliar
radio was left in middle position...)

Gear: TS-570SG, 1.3K-FA, A3S tribander and quad (20), K1WA array (40), dipole
(80)

Tnx to all who join in and make SAC a yearly highlight for us folks up north!

73
Chris / LA8OM