[3830] NJQP WN4AFP Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 18 14:17:03 EDT 2017

New Jersey QSO Party

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): ??

   80:
   40:   8      8
--------------------
Total:   8      8  Mults = 10  Total Score = 480

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Due to RFI issues, I decided to run QRP for the weekend. My only hope for this
contest was 40m. I didn't hear any NJ stations on 20m and no one could hear me
on 80m. I missed most of Saturday. I did experiencing surprising 40m prop
because NJ stations were very strong into SC during the entire contest period.
The problem I had was that not many could hear me. There was more phone ops
than cw ops and that doesn't work week for me and QRP. I did manage to work 16
stations - 14 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Pete, K)BAK was the only mobile that
I heard/worked. I did not hear K2TD on 40m during the contest. I would like
commend Ken, N2CQ on his contest operating approach. Ken was calling CQ at 25
wpm or so and a non-contester called him at probably 10 wpm. Ken turned-off his
contesting mode and slowed down and worked the station in normal mode and went
back to running...thanks Ken! Based upon the NJ activity, it may be time to
consider making the NJQP a one-day QP... just an idea. We'll try it again next
year and hopefully with RFI problems solved. 73s Dave WN4AFP