[3830] Salmon Run K6GHA SOMixed QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 18 15:59:02 EDT 2017

Washington State Salmon Run

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: SOMixed QRP
QTH: Santa Cruz, CA

  160:    0      0      0
   80:   29      2      0
   40:   14      3      0
   20:   25      5      0
----------------------------
Total:   68     10      0  Mults = 17  Total Score = 4,308

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

QRP in the Salmon Run is always a challenge. Most antennas are pointed east from
WA, and the skip into CA isn't great. Add that to the poor propagation
conditions, and seemingly lower turnout, it made this year's SR a real
challenge.
 I would like to thank the great ears of K7TQ who was able to pull me out on
many of his mobile locations. Thank you for your planning and execution. And
for N7NM and W7DX, great ears and superior operation.
Adding to my challenge this year, I operated unassisted (own choice), to keep
me engaged and searching, took a 4 hour break to run the NA RTTY Sprint, and
missed most of Sunday due to poor planning.
I seemed to have missed any digital contact opportunity and some mobile
contacts, so next year I'll take it easy and go unlimited and use all the tools
in the shed to maximize the efforts of the mobile guys in WA. Thanks again for
fun and challenging weekend.