[3830] 144FallSprnt N1PRW Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 18 23:17:53 EDT 2017

144 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: N1PRW
Operator(s): N1PRW
Station: N1PRW

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: FN42

Total:  QSOs = 3  Mults = 2  Tot Dist(km) = 503  Total Score = 6

QRP operation from Andover, Mass. Elevation 130' ASL. 64F.

Station Equipment:
- Yaesu FT-817ND @ 5 Watts
- Elk 2M/440L5 portable log periodic antenna

Interesting results. Slight band enhancement present around 2100 EDT. Worked
two stations in FN31/Connecticut easily, then no action for over an hour until
a last minute QSO with FN43 to score my second grid. I did not work anyone in
my own grid square.

Equipment operated as designed. Elk mounted on the deck outside. FT-817ND and
battery in the livingroom. The 12V 9Ah sealed gel battery worked fine. Thanks
for the contacts.

73 Alexander N1PRW