[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N6GP/R Limited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Sep 22 00:19:25 EDT 2017

ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: N6GP/R
Operator(s): N6GP
Station: N6GP/R

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  25      6
    2:  12      4
  222:   8      3
  432:   9      4
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  54     20  Total Score = 1,420

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Had about a 3 hour delay to the start of the contest due to a conflict.  Showed
up at the church up on the hill in Pomona for DM14 and they were having a huge
festival!   Wasted about 1 hour roaming the hills in Pomona and Walnut before I
found a mediocre spot, and operated for about 1 hour.
Went to the Community Center in Diamond Bar and had fun working 6 meters into
Santa Barbara, but too bad it was westerly DM04 and not DM94.
Had to pick up daughter in law Sunday on the U.S. side of the Tijuana airport
(CBX).  Stopped at a rest stop near Camp Pendleton and worked back into L.A
area.
With the hilly terrain near San Diego, I only found 1 op there.  Where are you
DM12 people?  Managed to work N6TCZ on 220 with my 5W handheld and 5/8ths wave
antenna a stone's throw from Tijuana.  All thanks to N6TCZ's huge beam.

We need more activity in Southern Calif.  Any chance of reviving the Western
States Weak Signal Society?  Otherwise we have no chance to compete against
other areas of the country that have VHF societies.