[3830] ARRL 10G+ W9SNR 10G Plus LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 24 17:18:53 EDT 2017

ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest

Call: W9SNR
Operator(s): W9SNR
Station: W9SNR

Class: 10G Plus LP
QTH:

  10G:   18       14855
  24G:    3           3
  47G:    2           2
  75G:
 123G:
 134G:
 241G:
Light:
---------------------------
Total:   23       14860  Total Score = 17,160

Club: Badger Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Overall results were similar to last year, but came from somewhat different
sources. August was was poor, only 8 QSOs and no big DX.  In September, I went
partway up the west side of Lake Michigan with K9PW, K9JK, W9SZ, and sometimes
KA9VDU on Saturday, and stayed inland in EN51xr on Sunday.  The Lake Michigan
run produced 48 QSOs and the other 18 were from inland locations.

The most impressive QSOs were the ones made on 47 GHz using a loaner rig from
K9PW. This was basically a 47GHz "handheld": a bare mixer Kuhne XVTR
with a small horn driven by an FT817.  While the path was only 1 km, the
signals were VERY loud.  Now, I'm thinking about getting something similar for
myself next year.

Best DX on 10 GHz was 335 km, only 1 km on 24 & 47 GHz.