[3830] CQ WW RTTY G6NHU Classic SOSB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 24 17:25:34 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: G6NHU
Operator(s): G6NHU
Station: G6NHU

Class: Classic SOSB15 HP
QTH: DX
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:  326      31      45    17
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  326      31      45    17  Total Score = 82,156

Conditions very poor each morning, QSO rate was dreadful.  Much better in the
afternoons, good runs to both North and South America.

It would be nice for US stations to realise that not everyone is familiar with
the US geography and we don't all know which States are in which Zones. Many
stations only transmit these details once and on the higher bands, where
conditions aren't great, this causes a lot of repeats.  Send everything at
least twice.  This is only going to get worse as the solar cycle hits the
bottom.

It's also surprising how many people are off frequency.  Not just a few Hz
either side but sometimes 40,50 or even up to 80Hz off.  Check your RIT/XIT
before operating!

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend.

Thanks all for the points.