[3830] CQ WW RTTY W7YAQ SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 24 23:44:36 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W7YAQ
Operator(s): W7YAQ
Station: W7YAQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Sisters OR

   80:  135       39       7     8
   40:  363       44      40    27
   20:  508       45      66    28
   15:  251       38      36    22
   10:    8        2       5     5
------------------------------------
Total: 1265      168     154    90  Total Score = 999,100

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Oh so close!  That’s the story of this contest.  My goal was to beat my
personal record of 880K set in 2016.  If the condx cooperated and the operator
spent more time in the chair, I thought maybe a million points was possible.
With an hour to go, the raw score at 960K, and a poor 15M opening to JA, I
initially thought it was out of reach.  But a few late 20M mults �" UT,
WY, PZ, and XE �" and a lot of frantic S&P dialing got me within a
single 3-point QSO of the million point line.

Final raw score:  999,100

Perhaps someone can clarify the point count for /MM QSOs.  The CQWW rules
state: Maritime mobile stations count only for a zone multiplier.  But they
don’t indicate the point count.  WriteLog scored 1 point for my zone 39 40M
QSO with FT5XT/MM. Now clearly zone 39 is a long way from the North American
continent.  So if by chance it was a 3-pointer, my raw score would have been
999,924 �" still not a million!

Anyway it was a fun contest, but we sure missed those Zone 8 multipliers.  Our
thoughts go out to those who were impacted by the devastating storms.

73,
Bob W7YAQ