[3830] CQ WW RTTY N4WW SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Sep 29 00:48:09 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N4WW
Operator(s): N4WW
Station: N4WW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: apopka, fl

   80:    7       5        4     4
   40:  105      27       57    20
   20:  159      36       54    23
   15:  150      19       67    25
   10:
------------------------------------
Total:  421      87      182    72  Total Score = 315,425

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

My first email since the big blow out of girl Irma. Second year in a row with
antenna damage. 40 meter beam splint in half last year and I never thought I
would get it back up but thanks to an assist to my tree man converted tower
climber and from Dennis w4dii they got it back up.

This time it is too depressing to talk about. When I first started this
contesting madness I put up stacked arrays of small antennas. Should have stuck
to that plan. Now I have several "if it doesn't come down in a good wind it
isn't big enough". They came down.

Anyway no house damage and everyone in house is doing well.

NOW on to rtty after two hours of battling the mmtty/n1mm/microham/computer
mess of all liking each other I got on the air at 0130z. Conditions were
decent. No 80 meter antennas so my operating couldn't be serious and 40 meter
rotator stuck SE second night. Good news is that on 15 meters Europeans seemed
loud and lasted until 1900z or so. Also good news is that the weird over the
pole opening to OH/SM/LA on 15 meters is there around 2100-2200. Didn't work
any JA's on 15 but didn't put any effort into it since I knew I was antenna
impaired on low bands.Rtty is slightly more casual because it is so automated
you can drink a cup of coffee easily while oping. Some neat calls did sqeeze in
to the log with VU2DKS at 1430 on 15. C37NL loud every band I operated. Weird
calls like a44a,a61ek,5r8sv,7q7ww,5t5ok,v53dx,jt5dx,e6ag,a35w make for a fun
contest at times. TF2R also easy to work on all 3 bands I operated which is
unusual.

73 doc n4ww
                 CQWWRTTY Summary Sheet

       Start Date : 2017-09-23

    CallSign Used : N4WW
      Operator(s) : N4WW

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
Assisted Category : ASSISTED
             Band : ALL
            Power : HIGH
             Mode : RTTY
 Default Exchange : 05 FL
       Gridsquare : EL98QR

             Name : austin g regal
          Address : 1425 foxfire drive
   City/State/Zip : apopka  FL  32712
          Country : UNITED STATES

     ARRL Section : NFL
        Club/Team : florida contest group
         Software : N1MM Logger+ 1.0.6789.0

        Band     QSOs     Pts  ZN   Cty  SP   Pt/Q
         3.5       7      11    4    4    5   1.6
           7     105     242   20   57   27   2.3
          14     159     301   23   54   36   1.9
          21     150     371   25   67   19   2.5
       Total     421     925   72  182   87   2.2

            Score : 315,425
              Rig :

         Antennas :

          Soapbox :

  I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
  established for amateur radio in my country. My report is
  correct and true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to be
  bound by the decisions of the Contest Committee.

  Date : 2017-09-24        Signature :

‹ Previous | Next › | « Back to Sent