[3830] CQ WW RTTY WQ6X(@NX6T) SO(A)SB40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Sep 29 19:36:31 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

   80:    0       0       0     0
   40:  259      40      18    16
   20:    0       0       0     0
   15:    0       0       0     0
   10:    0       0       0     0
-----------------------------------
Total:  259      40      18    16  Total Score = 35,816

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was a weird weekend.
I operated as WQ6X remote from NX6T in Fallbrook, altho
my remote computer was operated from W7AYT's QTH in Concord.
Much of Saturday was spent putting up a 3-band yagi @ W7AYT's QTH.
Most of the rest of the time was spent operating the RTTY contest.
To make things easier for remote operation, I ran a frequency 70%
of the time.
Things were moving along just fine until 23:45z on Sunday when the
microwave connection (to a nearby hill) for fiber internet access was
deliberate YANKED - ending the contest for WQ6X.
While I operated all bands (80 - 10 meters), because 40 meters was WQ6X's
strongest band, I decided to submit the log as a Single-band 40-meter entry.
You can read more about this contest event soon in the WQ6X Contest BLOG:
WQ6X.Blogspot.Com