[3830] 144SprngSprnt VE3SMA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 10 07:13:57 EDT 2018

                    144 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: VE3SMA
Operator(s): VE3SMA
Station: VE3SMA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN03

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Operated portable from the car at one of my favorite rover sites, just a few
minutes from home.  It was decidedly chilly for April (just above freezing) and
my CW fist definitely suffered!  Enjoyed visits from VE3XYY at the start and
VE3RKS/R a bit later.

Got a decent number of distant QSOs.  Most QSOs were calling people I heard, a
few from calling CQ and a few from ON4KST chat skeds.  But I need practice at
using ON4KST on my phone more effectively.

Rig: Ancient FT-290RII + amp, 60W to 5 elements at 12 ft.

73,
Steve VE3SMA