[3830] JIDX CW KF6NCX SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 15 13:18:13 EDT 2018

                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: KF6NCX
Operator(s): KF6NCX
Station: KF6NCX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Chico, CA
Operating Time (hrs): .66

   20:   2     2
Total:   2     2  Total Score = 4

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I heard a few Japanese stations Saturday afternoon and think I might have worked
more than two had it not been for trouble again, apparently with my antenna
tuner.

I've got to thank JA2XYO for his/her superb patience in trying again and again
to get my info. Many thanks. Also, JR2IOB was quite patient.

My Yaesu FT-450D gives a beep when the antenna is out of tune. Here's an example
of what would happen: I'd tune up on 20. I heard JA2XYO calling CQ. I called
him. He responded with his info. I responded with mine, but I'd hear a beep. And
JA2XYO couldn't hear my transmission. I'd tune up again and hear him calling me,
asking for the info. Finally he heard me. Success. That kept happening.

Other Japanese stations I heard were JA6GCE, JG2VGX and JE1CKA. One or two of
them heard me, but not well enough for a QSO.