[3830] JIDX CW ZM2B(ZL2BR) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 16 02:34:04 EDT 2018

                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: ZM2B
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZM2B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Taranaki

   10:    9     7
-------------------
Total:  250    90  Total Score = 23,310

Propagation was bad, much worse than last year. I've operated in this contest in
14 of the past 19 years and this year resulted in my lowest qso and final score
totals by a very significant margin. My previous poorest year was 2004 with 350
qso's and 49,608 points and operation was low power to boot.

15m was in reasonable shape, not quite as good as last year and did manage to
have a few contacts on 10m as well.

It's easy to suspect that the problem is that interest in this contest is
declining in Japan and that poor propagation means that some JA's can't be
bothered.

However according to my JA JIDX.scp file which contains all the JA callsigns
I've ever worked in this contest, around 30% of my contacts were with stations
I've never worked before in the JIDX.

So I feel it's just a case of we need more sunspots eh!