[3830] GaQP DL3DXX(@DF0SAX) Single OpCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 16 08:07:36 EDT 2018

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: DL3DXX
Operator(s): DL3DXX
Station: DF0SAX

Class: Single OpCW HP
QTH: JO61VE
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:      0
   80:     26
   40:     55
   20:     49
   15:      0
   10:      0
    6:      0
------------------------
Total:    130       0  CW-Dig Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 17,420

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Another Georgia QSO party is in the books. As far as I remember back we had the
poorest propagation in a GQP since I attend. My QSO total is the lowest since
2010.

DR1A where I attended from the last years is being reconstructed and temporary
QRT. It will hopefully be back on air soon. Thatswhy I took part from my own but
less good equipped radio club DF0SAX. Just one reason for the decrease but not
the only one.

20 meters was a disaster. After 12 contacts on Saturday the band closed. On 40m
I had to compete with all the US callers. Soon after sunset in Georgia also 40m
died. After the first leg on Sunday morning I had more contacts made on 80m than
on 20m !
Sunday was not different. 20m only presented weak signals and 15m was never
existent. Great ears by the mobils, especially working W4AN and KN4Y was a
thrill, also the 10 contacts with N4N on 80m. On the other hand I mostly could
not come through for N4N on 40 and 20m. I made NO contact with N4N on 40m on
Saturday and just 2 QSOs Sunday evening. You must have had a RX problem on the
2nd station guys. Anyway thank you for all the activity and applause to the
organizers.
Mobiles wkd: K4F 1x, K4ZGB 8x, KC4HW 2x, KN4Y 13x, N4FD 3x, N4N 20x, W4AN 19x.

Station: IC7700 + OM Power, 20m 4 ele Cushcraft, 40m vertical loop, 80m single
vertical, no beverages right now.

73 Dietmar DL3DXX