[3830] JIDX CW NX6T M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 16 15:53:56 EDT 2018

                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6KI WQ6X NN6X N6EEG
Station: NX6T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5
Remote Operation

  160:    1     1
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  437    98  Total Score = 44,844

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Considering our plethora of 1st place wins in past JIDX GiGs,
this was one of the most difficult we have done in years.
In conversations with stations all over North America,
bad propagation condx was pretty much a universal experience.
10 & 15 meters never materialized, shifting the QSO burden to 40 & 20.
WQ6X managed 18 QSOs on 80 and one on 160.  Other callers were almost
heard on 160 but none could be turned into QSOs.
The usual lineup of Elecraft K3's into KW+ amps ran into C-31,
Stepp-IR and Shorty-40 yagi's atop the 900' hill overlooking Fallbrook.

It is amazing how many USA and Chinese stations called us during JIDX.
Sending "JA ONLY" usually sent them on their way.  Unfortunately,
Saturday evening on 40 meters we were barraged by some sort of pulse
radar type of signal centered on 6.985mhz.  WTF was THAT all about?

While KH6RX took the 1st slot, we certainly took North America by storm.
Look for a writeup on this GiG in an upcoming WQ6X Contest BLOG:
WQ6X.Blogspot.Com