[3830] 222SprngSprnt WW2Y Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 18 15:42:15 EDT 2018

                    222 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: WW2Y
Operator(s): WW2Y
Station: WW2Y

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN20QJ

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

This sprint was an interesting and exciting experience despite of marginal
conditions and less than normal amounts of activity.

 The idea of aiming a relatively directive VHF antenna on a 10 ft boom via the
Armstrong method along with a compass in darkness is definitely tedious. It
would be interesting to know how many trips per hour I have taken between the
operating position and the location of the mast to peak up on a particular
station or in between calling CQs. Time to wire up the rotor.

 I was pleasantly surprised to be able to work K1OR, K1TR, AF1T, K3MEC, K1RZ,
VE3DS, VE3ZV, KA2LIM, and W9KXI from a relatively poor location. Thanks to
K2EZ/R for providing several unique grids as a rover.

73,
Peter