[3830] GaQP N4N(@W5JR) Rover Multi-OpMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 18 18:20:12 EDT 2018

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N4N
Operator(s): W5JR WK4U N5ZZ
Station: W5JR

Class: Rover Multi-OpMixed LP
QTH: GA

  160:       0       0
   80:     335       4
   40:    1056      65
   20:     455      69
   15:       0       0
   10:       0       0
    6:       0       0
------------------------
Total:    1846     138  CW-Dig Mults = 47  Ph Mults = 34  Total Score = 310,230

Club: North Fulton Amateur Radio Leage

Comments:

Another amazing weekend. Thanks to all of the out of state/country stations that
followed us on our two day journey. We truly thank you for the Qs and mults. Day
one results were less than stellar, but day two was phenomenal. Added three more
mults in the last hour, one coming with 10 minutes to go. As all three of us are
mostly CW ops, and we keep trying to get better at the phone thing.

Our team again operated from my basic mobile vehicle, a 2002 Yukon. It gets a
significant transformation for GQP. It is outfitted with two Flex radios for two
operators. Antennas consist of my normally installed Hi-Q 580RT, added support
this year for a fullsized Tarheel and our perineal Baby Tarheel. Lots of
firepower. The onboard LAN keeps the logging computers networked. To keep this
all running, we use a Honda generator mounted onto a hitch travel platform. And
with UPSs in case it should quit while underway, the operators can continue.
Both Flex radios feed Dunstar 600 auto switching bandpass filters to keep out of
each other’s way.

Look for us 2019.