[3830] MiQP NA8V Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 23 22:24:59 EDT 2018

                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: StCl

   20:   49     69
--------------------
Total:  367    429  CW Mults = 86  Ph Mults = 97  Total Score = 212,829

Club: Bay Area DXers

Comments:

Another fb MiQp.  Conditions were surprisingly good considering the A index at
47 in the morning.  40 was never very good for MI but was quite good for
stations 200-250+ miles away.  Unfortunately, this pretty much eliminated
contacts with the mobiles until late afternoon or on 80m.

My mobile/rover tally was K8IR 5, KK9K 6, NE9U 6, W8RU 2, W8UE 3.  Thanks much
guys!  A few times I could hear them weakly but no luck with the QSO.

Fixed stations worked a lot were KU8E and W0BH 5 times each and 17 stns 4 times.
 Again, thanks!

Ended up with 60 counties total (39 on cw, 53 on fone) and 51 states/province
total (45 cw and 44 fone).  If the skip would have been a bit shorter on 40, it
could have been much better but all things considered I'm pleased.

The first couple hours weren't as fast as one would hope, but it was steady
throughout.  I think a few people in-state might have given up too early as
condx improved as time went on.

Thanks again for all the contacts!
greg/nav8