[3830] MiQP K7DR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 24 15:30:27 EDT 2018

                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K7DR
Operator(s): K7DR
Station: K7DR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Macomb

   80:   85     0
   40:   45     0
   20:   14     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  144     0  CW Mults = 55  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 15,840

FTdx3000
135' Inv Vee at 40 ft
G5RV Jr at 25 ft

I tried to do some running in this contest. I'm just a little pistol, but I
figured since I'm in Michigan, this was my best chance. I found out the matching
PS for my rig was not up to the task. After CQing for a while it started to
overheat, and the voltage regulation started to go up and down. I have a 25 amp
Jetstream PS I picked up a few years ago, and it was up to the task, only ran
slightly warm.

Did some time on 20 and 40 in the afternoon, but 80 was my money band in the
evening with about 2/3 of my QSOs. The endfed inv vee matching transformer also
didn't like all the CQing. I noticed the SWR was starting to climb, from the
torroid transformer, heating up, dropping the power down to 50 watts made it
happy again.

73
Dave - K7DR
Macomb Co.