[3830] NAQP CW K5KG Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 5 02:05:17 EDT 2018

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WCF

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  785   169  Total Score = 132,665

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Team: Deep Dixie CC Team Elvis

Comments:

Score is down from last year when I had 1,000 Qsos.

Heavy thunder storm came through about 9pm local, and had to QRT for about an
hour and unplug due to lightning.  Gave me a good reason to take a break.  When
I resumed, I went to 40m, but rain static was terrible, so went to 20 for while
until the rain let up.  Strangly, when 40 was heavy with rain static, 20 was
crystal clear.

Tried moving a few stations to pick up their mults, but it only worked abut half
the time.  Went to 10m a few times and called a few CQ's but nada.  15m was ok
when it lasted.  Worked a few NA stations: KP2, KP4, 8P, and VP9.  VY1AAA was
loud...tnx Gerry.

Station:
SO1R - K3 / P3  (Brand new KPA1500 was sitting idle!)
Triband yagi at 60'
2el 40 at 75'
80m inv vee
160 inv L