[3830] NAQP CW WA7LNW Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 5 02:13:21 EDT 2018

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WA7LNW
Operator(s): WA7LNW
Station: WA7LNW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Utah
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Remote Operation

  160:   24     9
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  843   193  Total Score = 162,699

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team: AOCC Assassins

Comments:

Excellent conditions on 20 meters allowing for several lengthy runs. 15 meters
suffered from rapid signal fade and noise.  Signals on 40 meters averaged weak
and watery. 80 meters was noisy with summer QRN until after 0400 UTC. Saved last
hour for 160 meters, which delivered a few additional multipliers.
I paid more attention to my operating rate and time on/off periods. Opened my
filter wide open and adjusted RF gain when searching and pouncing.  Made a big
difference in tail ending stations calling CQ NA.

Station: HF Remote, TS-480, 100 watts, HEX Beam @ 65 ft., HF-2V vertical 40, 80
meter wire sloper and 80/30 meter sloping dipoles and ATU for 160.

73's de Jack, WA7LNW