[3830] NAQP CW K6DAJ M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 5 02:31:10 EDT 2018

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K6DAJ
Operator(s): K6DAJ
Station: K6DAJ

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Berkeley, CA

Total:  106    52  Total Score = 5,512

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #7

Comments:

Didn't think I'd have any time, but managed to find a few hours in between
family obligations.

Tried out SO2V for the first time.  However, forgot about "no spots"
rule (DOH!), so I guess that puts me in M2 (though I was also switching bands
rapidly, so not sure if that's legal or not, given that I have only one
transmitter and one operator.)  Hopefully, I can at least count for 1 Q, which
was my original goal for NCCC Team 7.

SO2V was very interesting but a mixed bag. With weaker signals, was hard to copy
off of one ear only; probably need a switch to rapidly put it in mono and mute
other channel.  I wonder if this is possible with the rig alone.  So whether the
SO2V sped things up or slowed them down varied... definitely more repeat
requests needed for weaker signals... on the other hand alternating CQs and
SP+CQ was often effective in bringing the rate up.