[3830] NAQP CW KA1J Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 5 09:57:59 EDT 2018

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: KA1J
Operator(s): KA1J
Station: KA1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  48     19
   20:   6      6
Total:  54     25  Total Score = 1,350

Club:

Team:

Comments:

I haven't been on in awhile, either radio issues or life getting in the way.
I've had some issues with port sharing and have found the solution to these woes
with Win4K3Suite, finally have everything running reliably now, even WSJT-X.
With those woes past me now, it was a pleasure to start N1MM and have no logging
issues in the contest whatsoever.

I was on a tear yesterday trying to make the shack navigable & remove
squalor so I missed large parts of the test but noticed 20 was in really fine
shape. 120 was not bad either though I didn't hear any long distance DX. Noticed
my HI-Z circle 8 was not acting right, I suspect I need to get out and inspect
for varmint damage. Had to replace an element from a likely deer snapping it
over last month. Always more to do...

I was hoping to find VE3MGY, Brian, on 160 but didn't hear his always strong
signal. As will be for me forevermore, I miss hearing W5WMU/W1WMU in the
contests.

73 to all and have fun!

Gary, KA1J