[3830] WAE CW N1RM Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 12 21:33:41 EDT 2018

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): N1RM
Station: N1RM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Rhode Island

   20:  41     0     30
-------------------------
Total:  41     0     30  Total Score = 1,230

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was a unique operation for me.  I operated battery power, 10 watts, to a
20M dipole from the Clingstone House on Narragansett Bay in Rhode Island.  These
contacts also served to qualify "Clingstone Island" as an entity in
the US Islands Award program - RI033S. It was a real blast sitting looking out
at the mouth of Newport Harbor working Europe for a couple of hours. The KX2
performed extremely well. I was concerned there might be QRM from the windmill
generator on the roof, but the noise level was very low.  Thanks to all the
great ops that pulled my little signal out of the mud. Sorry for the lack of
QTCs, but that's a project for next year.