[3830] NAQP SSB VE9AA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Aug 18 23:44:15 EDT 2018

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 1:23

   20:   10     6
Total:  111    31  Total Score = 3,441

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Run'Em Dude !

A fine tribute session for Bob, W4MYA....I hope he's runnin' them up yonder.

I really had no spare time to operate but wanted to at least get on a few
minutes here and there and hear all the Dude's out there.

Condx on 20m were truly stinko. Spent probably 23-25mins on 20m for a paltry
10-Q's. Most stations were S1 and S2.....called N9RV no less than 30 times each
time I tuned up/dn the band.  Pat is a GR8 op and has great ears but not so much
as a single QRZ from him.  At that point, I gave up on 20m and went to 40m.  A
couple short 30min sessions on 40m produced 100Q's. Go figure !

Radio 1 IC-7410

Antennas for Radio 1 include, but not limited to:

10m - Bent/twisted A3S on my shed ~24\\\'

15m - K3LR/K1WA (parasitic) 5el array (partially working--ice storm)

20m - Wire/Aluminum 4-square of inverted L\\\'s (Comtek)

40m - Wire 4-square in the trees (Comtek)

80m - Wire 4-square of Inverted L\\\'s in the trees (Comtek)

160m - Wire 2 element array of Inverted L\\\'s in the trees (Comtek)*currently

only 1 element in service due to some season known locally as winter and all
the wrath it brings.

Radio 2 - IC-7410-not used

Antenna for Radio 2 is a modified ZS6BKW with an added 15m inverted Vee.

80m-6m contest bands, no 160m

N1MM+, CM-500 Mic, N3ZN paddle, SO2R+ box.

(small 550w amps used for some contests)

Thanks for the Q\\\'s

CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.

dit dit

Mike in NB, VE9AA