[3830] NAQP SSB NJ8M Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 19 08:36:41 EDT 2018

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: NJ8M
Operator(s): NJ8M
Station: NJ8M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Maine
Operating Time (hrs): 4hr 7m

   80:   12     8
Total:  134    34  Total Score = 4,556

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC W4MYA Memorial Team #11

Comments:

I am working as a contract employee in Maine. Could not stand the Hotel any
longer so I went out to the forest and found a clearing and put up a Spiderbeam
pole at 50 feet and used a 1/4 wave on 40 with a coil up 33'6" and then
about 17 feet of wire above that to make an inductively loaded 80 meter 1/4
wave. Missed the prime times but operated 4 hours from 6 to 10pm EST. It poured
rain earlier in the day then I had to take the stuff down in a light shower with
some fog, and wouldn't you know it, I brought the flashlight that had the
batteries run down. I do some of my best work in the dark of night. LOL. I got
home from the 40 mile trip tired but happy. Icecream sammich and off the bed.

Thanks for the Qs.

Vy 73, Morgan Bailey NJ8M