[3830] NAQP SSB K3EW Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 19 11:42:32 EDT 2018

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K3EW
Operator(s): K3EW
Station: K3EW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

Total:  230    65  Total Score = 14,950

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

IN MEMORY OF W4MYA WE FLOODED THE AIRWAVES WITH BOBs AND DUDEs.  WHAT A GREAT
TRIBUTE TO A GREAT PERSON, FRIEND AND EXEMPLARY AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR. We had
to use all of our expertise to overcome the lousy propagation and then the
static crashes(S9 at times on 80)- Bob would have wanted it that way so that we
could exhibit the techniques and prowess that he exhibited by his on air
operations over the years.  Run Em BOB 73  RIP Friend

Now to the other news- 20 was marginal to say the least- What a slog without a
beam.
40 my normal go to band, was terrible until the evening when signals started to
improve. I switched over from 20 about 2100Z, my normal time, and signals were
very marginal- couldn't go back to 20- it was worse.
Finally had it with the static and small signals on 40 and went to 80 for a nice
2 hour run at 50/hour- nice for the conditions - QSB and static crashes AFTER
rain had passed east of us.
Back to 40 for last 1/2 hour and picked up 3 more mults. Band long to west coast
and relatively QRN-less. Nice to have quiet background for that last 1/2 hour.

I was looking to double my CW score, but no dice under these conditions.

Thank you to all of the PVRC'ers who called - we did blanket the spectrum for
sure.

73  Phil K3EW  Gaithersburg, MD