[3830] NAQP SSB W6YX(N7MH) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 19 13:36:14 EDT 2018

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Stanford
Operating Time (hrs): 1:48

   80:   22     7
Total:  205    47  Total Score = 9,635

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Wasn't expecting to participate in this one but was freed up from caring for
grandkids when my daughter got released after several days in the hospital.

Arriving at the shack with less than 2 hours in the contest I found 20 was dead,
40 had many weak callers interspersed with a few stronger signals, and 80 was
just 6's and 7's. I didn't even try 160.

With the noisy conditions I never turned on the second radio. The few stations I
heard on 80 beyond 7-land didn't hear me.

I was glad to get on for the short time available despite the bad conditions.

73,
-Mike, N7MH