[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N6ZFO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 23 23:16:30 EDT 2018

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Aug 24

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   0      0
   80:  13      8
   40:  14     11
   20:  15     12
   15:   0      0
Total:  42     31  Total Score = 1,302

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Sorry to miss last week. . I was invited speaker on Dark Sky issues at Cobb, CA,
an area devastated by the 2016 Valley Fire, 1500 homes burned. There was some
concern about too much lighting at construction sites obscuring the very very
dark sky in Cobb, and major interest in developing an astrotourism industry to
benefit local businesses. Group was the size of NS. . about 55.  Very
enthusiastic and receptive and with good follow through.  Enjoyed a meal at a
favorite Cobb restaurant afterward, owned by a couple who donated our first
Digital planetarium projector in 2005.

Marginal conditions here tonight, with 80m being surprisingly good.  Don W4OC
was 579 pre-NS but had fallen to nearly inaudibile 10 minutes later.  Nothing on
15m.

Note to Mike, K4EEV  .  your state was missing from the exchange. Please check
your messages!!

Very pleased to work W0BH who has organized a fabulous 10th Anniversary KS QSO
party, hopefully with some help, for next weekend.  Maybe 10AM - 10PM Central
Time on Saturday and 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Sunday.  Hope to see many of you
participating.

73 Bill n6zfo