[3830] KsQP K0I Mobile Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 26 22:01:31 EDT 2018

                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: K0I
Operator(s): KI0I W0DR N0UMP
Station: K0I

Class: Mobile Unlimited HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 12:37

   80:    6      0      0
   40:  401     13      0
   20:  473     24      0
   15:    0      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  880     37      0  Mults = 51  Total Score = 138,261

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

got a late start by about 5hours or so. Dave W0DR and I attended the Joplin MO
Hamfest. It was hard to get away from so many radio friends.

When we got on air the bands were quite down, many CQ went unanswered. After a
few hours it got a lil better and finally at sunset ,40 came alive and some good
runs took place. Sunday saw better condx from 20m as it came alive around 11am.
Bill N0UMP was at the wheel on Sunday when we had some awesome pileups on each
county change.
Problems: The laptop would hang the rig in send until a couple taps on f1 and
esc wud bring it back to receive. I had to have some repeats because of this.
Saturday a couple wrong turns and the late start ate up time so we had to drop
some counties off the list. Sunday a detour sent us back thru some Saturday
activations altho we made quite a few Q`s despite the fact.
Sunday we met a truck on a two lane road and with a lo of wind and the blast of
air from the semi , a tri magnet mount came off along with two hamstix ,but
luckily the ropes steadying the hustler mast on rerar caught the flying mount
and it was only dragging the whip ends on the road. the hustler mast was bent in
the ordeal but not harmed otherwise. we cringed with every meeting of semi`s the
rest of the trip !
This was the first time for trying to run mobile with an amp. A 500w solid state
that I drove lightly to 250-350w depending on band. It seemed to do the job as I
got some good reports and had some answering stations below my noise level.
Thank you all who took part for making it fun and special thanks to Bob ,W0BH
who does so much behind the scene to Make it all happen...
I hope to take part in the KSQP for years to come and log many of you again.
73  Mark KI0I - K0I/m
Rig; IC-7300 350w from SS amp. DEll PC N1MM+ Logging, hamstix 20-40m
Hustler 15-40-80m