[3830] ARRL 160 K7DR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 2 09:25:26 EST 2018

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7DR
Operator(s): K7DR
Station: K7DR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 6:30

Total:  QSOs = 241  Sections = 52  Countries = 0  Total Score = 25,064

FTdx3000 100w
1/4 wave vert bent over as inv vee ("leaning inv L") w/ 2x100ft
radials.
WinTest 4.28.0

Signal were stronger first night, but I did better on second night. For me
propagation was all east-west. I could work all the northern half of US, but had
troubles in southern half. Never heard CA, had difficulty working AZ,TX,FL.
Worked a number of stations in Pacific NW, but couldn't work STX, LA, MS, or
WCF, SFL.

Rained all day Saturday, fair amount of t-storm static. Storms were possible
here (MI) but never appeared. Hopefully wet ground helped my pseudo vertical.

I ran all S and P except just before I went QRT. Decided to give running a go at
0645z on Sun morning, and was able to work 60+ in about an hour, until it dried
up for me. Had nice clear freq and no one fought me for it.

Hope to work SP next in a few weeks.

73
Dave K7DR (MI)