[3830] ARRL 160 W2FU M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 2 09:41:42 EST 2018

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W2FU
Operator(s): NW2K W2FU
Station: W2FU

Class: M/S LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 26
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 947  Sections = 80  Countries = 44  Total Score = 260,372

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

We intended to do a casual test fully remote 2 radio operation as I was only
available for the first few hours....but things worked so well, that Dean got
carried away and put in 26 hours.  I was running the 2nd radio on and off for
the first few, then Dean continued on alone.  He did all the heavy lifting in
this one.

We had decided to do low power, and glad that we did.  Conditions for the most
part, were great, and we had no trouble being heard well in EU, and only a
little trouble the first night when trying to work out west.  Must have been
pretty noisy out there.

Great fun as usual to do this stuff fully remote.

2 x K3 (RemoteRig & K3mini)
TX wire 4 sq
RX 4 sq vert array
4 Beverage directions
Green Heron wireless remote antenna controls

CU in CQWW 160 in January

Jeff & Dean