[3830] ARRL 160 W4AAW Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 2 11:36:47 EST 2018

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W4AAW
Operator(s): W4NA KJ0D K3ZV W4AAW
Station: W4AAW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 700  Sections = 86  Countries = 2  Total Score = 125,560

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Note: W4NA & W4AAW are PVRC members

This was a last minute thing.  No way we could be competitive with 13.5 hrs of
operation.

We were Totally Remote, i.e., no one operated from the shack, sitting at the
rig.

(I see now, that one station who used a Green Heron remote switch but was in his
shack, has categorized himself as REMOTE!

This illustrates the ridiculous looseness of contesting rules.

Does using a Bluetooth headset while in the shack now mean the op is remote?

Does using ONE transmitter but two operators using that ONE transmitter now mean
that crew is truthful when it claims M/M?)