[3830] ARRL 160 N1DC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 2 12:08:24 EST 2018

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA

Total:  QSOs = 332  Sections = 53  Countries = 2  Total Score = 36,850

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Lost my 160M Inverted L three weeks before the contest during the first heavy
wet snow storm. The antenna had a 30ft droop and the counterweight went to its
upper limit. The support rope stretched internally and finally broke at 50ft
above ground. I got the antenna back in the air 30 minutes before the contest
started.

Conditions Friday night were very good with a low noise floor. Saturday night
was completely different with S6/7 noise. Lots of folks mentioning QRN. Heard
many EU stations but they couldn't copy me this year.

This was about 80% S&P. Great fun hunting stations in the noise.

Thanks for the QSO's.

73,

Rick  N1DC