[3830] ARRL 160 WD8DSB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 2 17:06:51 EST 2018

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WD8DSB
Operator(s): WD8DSB
Station: WD8DSB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 22:51

Total:  QSOs = 797  Sections = 74  Countries = 5  Total Score = 127,111

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Lightning activity both nights made conditions difficult (especially when the
lightning activity was on top of Indiana and surrounding states) but was able to
beat my previous best for this contest.  Did much less search and pounce
compared with past years even though I knew this would reduce my chances of
working DX stations (especially when I ran frequencies below 1.810 MHz).  First
night I slept from 3am to 5am EST, and second night I slept from midnight until
5am EST as I did not want to risk having too many errors due to the severe
lightning QRN.

Transceiver: Kenwood TS-180s (100 watts) with 500 Hz IF filter
TX Antenna: 68 foot base loaded vertical with 55 short buried radials (2500 feet
of radials)
RX Antennas: 3 small point fed pennants (pointing 40, 160, and 300 degrees).
Audio Filter: Hi-Per-Mite active audio filter (200 Hz bandwidth).

73,
Don (wd8dsb)