[3830] ARRL 160 K8RR Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 2 18:07:09 EST 2018

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8RR
Operator(s): K8RR
Station: K8RR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH

Total:  QSOs = 1000  Sections = 78  Countries = 27  Total Score = 229,320

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

A new Inverted-L and a single active vertical are all that fit in my modest
small town lot. But, thanks to some good size trees to hold it up, the results
in the 2018 ARRL 160 Meter were pretty good for my newly acquired K8RR call
sign. About 600 watts and sixty 25 to 35 ft. radials really helped the wire
reach out to more stations than I could hear. Storms were rolling through the
Upper Midwest and Great Lakes regions toward Eastern Canada and New England. I
took a little extra time to pull out some stations in Europe and the Caribbean.
Only missed PR, AK, PAC, NT and  NF sections and was pleased to manage to grab
27 countries from this spot. Many thanks go out to dozens of stations who
patiently provided repeats under very difficult listening conditions here. Best
wishes to all for the Holidays and the New Year!  73, Rod - K8RR