[3830] FT8 RUp VE7AFZ SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 3 12:41:16 EST 2018

                    FT8 Roundup

Call: VE7AFZ
Operator(s): VE7AFZ
Station: VE7AFZ

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  80  State/Prov = 23  Countries = 2  Total Score = 2,000

I operated sporadically during the contest. Typically I only ran 10 watts into a
modest (approx 22 foot) roof mounted vertical fed via an auto tuner.  In general
I found it easier to "run" than operate in "search and
pounce" mode.

At times I disabled the auto sequence function in WSJT-X.   Quickly completing
qso's without auto sequence enabled was a challenge at times, but at times I
felt that disabling the auto sequence function was the best choice for me when
there were weak signals that didn't decode properly after  the first
transmission and or I had multiple callers on different audio frequencies.
This was not a major issue and in some ways it was nice to have to interact more
with the equipment in my station to complete contacts at times.

All in all a lot of fun.  Thanks to the contest organizers, the other operators
on the air and of course the WSJT-X development team.