[3830] ARRL 160 W3IUU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 5 15:16:45 EST 2018

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W3IUU
Operator(s): W3IUU
Station: W3IUU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Kensington, MD

Total:  QSOs = 67  Sections = 30  Countries = 2  Total Score = 4,480

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Not sure what combination of antennas was actually radiating when I disconnected
the coax shield from my talking wattmeter's output. But the conglomeration
provided a 3:1 SWR to the FT950 so that it would load up, and some of the RF
went to the 80-meter dipole, 40 dipole and beam, whose cables were all connected
to the antenna switch. Surprised to be heard in Arizona and New Mexico. PJ2 was
harder, and so were the Midwest stations experiencing heavy QRN on Saturday
night. Thanks for all of the QSOs. -- Lloyd