[3830] ARRL 10 G4FKA SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 9 15:04:40 EST 2018

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: G4FKA
Operator(s): G4FKA
Station: G4FKA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Bristol
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  49     11
  SSB:  13      4
-------------------
Total:  62     15  Total Score = 3,270

Club: Bristol Contest Group

Comments:

Poor old 28 MHz! A part time effort for 2018, missing out Saturday afternoon and
early evening due to other commitments. Propagation very poor in this part of
England, particularly on Sunday with only 19 in the log and last QSO at 14:01.
Several "gotaway" DXCCs that appeared for only a few seconds and
vanished just as quickly. Half of the contacts were UK and all the others within
Europe. Looks like I may have missed a bit of transatlantic propagation on
Saturday as I got back in the evening to hear one very weak LU fading into the
noise but that was that. Unfortunately Sunday did not repeat whatever NA/SA
there might have been. We need to get out of this solar cycle!

IC-7610, Expert 1K-FA, fixed wire dipole at 4m.