[3830] ARRL 10 N4XD SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 9 17:36:13 EST 2018

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  393    61
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  393    61  Total Score = 97,464

Club: Smith chart ARS

Comments:

K3
Quadra
2 el quad and 6 element yagi
N1mm+

Interesting prop. Friday night worked west to CO, TX (quite a few!, LA, NE, GTO.
Really unexpected. Also sounded like some AU Friday.

Prop Sat seemed pretty good considering. Open to various parts of US (and a
little to SA) throughout the day. Very nice opening to CA and KH6 later in the
afternoon.

Sunday not as good. We had snow in NC and some of the pine trees decided to warm
themselves on the power lines (caught fire a little!). The transformer decided
to end all that with a bang. So my contest ended early at around 1:30 local.

Interesting to see how the quad and yagi compared. Usually, if pointed in the
same direction only one would hear well. Nice to have the choice between the
two.

Thanks to all that called in. Made it much more fun than expected.