[3830] ARRL 10 PJ2ND(K8ND) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 9 21:25:45 EST 2018

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: PJ2ND
Operator(s): K8ND
Station: PJ2T

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: DX
Operating Time (hrs): 3
Remote Operation

   CW:  215    48
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  215    48  Total Score = 42,400

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I used the PJ2T remote station as PJ2ND for a short time Saturday afternoon and
for a couple of hours Sunday, CW only.  Limited time, not a serious effort.

Activity was alternating slow and medium-active, but no sustained pileups
ensued. I did no S&P for multipliers.

Was surprised Saturday afternoon by a ZL and FK8 answering my CQs near Curacao
sunset. Today best DX was V5 Namibia, one German, one Ukraine. I heard no other
Europe.

Station was Elecraft K3 and KPA500 (500W) with KAT500 tuner (when necessary).
Antenna was pointed at North America throughout. At various times it was a
single 5-element yagi, 5-over-5 yagis, or Force 12 tribander. RemoteRig RRC
interfaces provide the remote capability.