[3830] ARRL 10 K8MR SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 9 22:10:25 EST 2018

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Ohio

   CW:  243    49
  SSB:   57    13
-------------------
Total:  300    62  Total Score = 67,332

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This year I'm in Ohio when it was the year to be in Florida. (New granddaughter
in town is keeping us here through Christmas). Still even here it greatly
exceeded expectations, especially after the huge 10 meter bust in CQWW CW.

I thought I was doing really well to have worked 39 states, until I realized
that four of them were in Mexico  :-)  But still lots of action Friday night and
Saturday until 2030Z when the propagation plug got pulled. Sunday morning was
Florida's time in the sun, but I had worked most of the serious guys down there
on Friday night. The rest of Sunday was spent playing in a local bridge
tournament (we won our class!)

As is the case with Es, lots of spotlights. Minnesota was big early Friday, with
some Maritimes mixed in, followed by Florida. Nice opening for an hour to
California on Saturday afternoon. I had about 10 Alabama stations on SSB with
only a couple of locals interrupting. First DX worked was VP8NO, which is always
a cool multiplier.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

73  -  Jim  K8MR